|Yes, I know that's not a great picture...but it was the last one and it was anxious to get eaten.|
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon Shortening
I didn't want to use our chocolate chips up (since Cameron really loves chocolate chip cookies) and I had leftover chocolate candy coating (Almond Bark brand) from previous food adventures, so I used that instead. I still did add the shortening though.
1. Mix the pwd. sugar, peanut butter, and butter together until smooth.
2. Add the milk in one tablespoon at a time until it turns into a workable dough. The blog I got this from says that "it will be just like play dough, it will be really easy to work with).
3. Form the dough into egg shapes (or whatever shape you want).
4. Place shaped dough in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes (the recipe said an hour, but I only did 15 minutes and it worked out great).
5. Melt the chocolate and shortening. I put mine in the microwave and zapped it for 1 minute increments, stirring well after each, until it was the right consistency.
6. Dip each "egg" in the chocolate and put it out to cool (we used wax paper...tin foil works great too). We drop the eggs in the chocolate (one at a time) and then scoop them out with a fork to let excess chocolate drip off easier.