Individual Meat Loaves

This has become my favorite food! I want to make it every day, and I would if I wasn't afraid that Nate would get sick of it. It's so easy and fast to make and doesn't ask for many ingredients. It goes great with potatoes, carrots, and a salad.


Here's what you need:

1 can (5oz) evaporated milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1/3 cup ketchup
1 TBS brown sugar
1 TBS prepared mustard


Here's what you do:

In a bowl, combine the 1st 6 ingredients. (don't be afraid if it looks gross. It'll get better, trust me :) )



Add beef and mix well.




Shape into 6 loaves about 4 in X 2-1/2 in placed in an ungreased 13X9X2 in baking dish.




Combine ketchup, sugar, & mustard; spoon over loaves.




Bake, uncovered at 350 for 35 - 45 min or until meat thermometer reads 160 and no pink remains.




Ta da!!




ENJOY!!!


1 comment

  1. Kate, this looks really good. I'm always wanting a good meatloaf recipe!

    ReplyDelete