Aunt Kat's Sour Cream Enchiladas
This is passed down to me from my aunt Kat.
I LOVE it!

Something to note:
Nate only likes enchiladas with corn tortillas,
I only like them with flour tortillas.
which you use is up to you.
I usually do half and half so that Nate and I can both eat.


What You Need:
-2 cans of Chicken (12 oz) (I use frozen chicken breasts)
-1/2 t salt
-1 can green chiles
-Shredded Cheese (Mexican or Cheddar)
-2 cans cream of chicken soup (or 1 can plus 1 can green chile enchilada sauce)
-1 container sour cream
-12 flour tortillas (or corn if you're Nate)

What You Do:
-Drain water from canned chicken and put chicken in a bowl. Add salt and mix it well.
-Put soup, sour cream and chiles in a sauce pan on the stove and mix well on low heat until well blended.
-Remove pot from heat.
-Spray or grease 9X13" pan and turn oven on to 350
-Pour 1/2 of sauce into pan, put the meat into the tortillas in a line in the middle, you can add more cheese or green chile if you want.
-Roll the tortilla and put carefully into pan. Continue rolling tortillas until the pan is full.
-Pour remaining 1/2 of sauce on the top and use a fork to poke it around so the sauce really goes all over the place.
-Top with cheese and put in the oven for 30-40 min or until hot and bubbly and golden brown on top.

enjoy!


1 comment