Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

I helped to throw a bridal shower for a good friend and made some cookies to take to the party. I wanted the cookies to be nice and pretty looking though, so I found two recipes. This was the first cookie I made and I LOVE it. It is so yummy and simple. They are like the Russian Wedding Cookies, but better.

I found this recipe in the "Recipes from Home" by the Stanley Homemakers' Club. It was submitted to the cookbook by Nancy Sowle.


Ingredients:

3/4 c. butter, room temp
3 oz of cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla flavoring
1 T. lemon zest
2 tsp. lemon juice (about 1/2 a large lemon gives you the lemon juice and zest that you need)
2 c. cake flour (I just used normal flour)
1 c. chopped pecans (I didn't add the pecans)

1. Cream together butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. 
2. Gradually add sugar and beat hard. 
3. Stir in vanilla, lemon juice and lemon zest. 
4. Add flower, mixing well. 
5. Stir in nuts. 
6. Push small amount from spoon onto a greased baking sheet (I wasn't exactly exactly sure what size this meant, so I made them tsp. drop size).
7. Bake at 300 degrees fro 20-25 minutes or until light brown. While cookies are still hot, roll them in powered sugar. 

1 comment

  1. These sound yummy! I will have to try them. We love lemon anything, especially during the summer.

    Blessings,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete