|Cherries Jubilee atop Cherry Cha Cha base|
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 lb. ripe cherries
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp orange extract
- 1-2 TBS water
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- Pit the cherries. I don't have a cherry pitter so I found a stiff straw (from one of Darrow's sippy cups) and used it to push the pits out. It worked really well actually. I also read that a small cake decorating tip can be used the same way.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add the pitted cherries and "saute" for just a minute.
- Add all remaining ingredients, with the cornstarch being last. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the mixture rather than just dumping it in.
- Cook over medium heat until the juices have thickened to your liking.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, cake, cheesecake, or (as pictured above) Cherry Cha Cha and use these as the cherries!