|Pictured without the cherry topping|
- 1/3 c margarine (the original recipe called for 1/4 c. and I found that wasn't enough to hold the crust together at all)
- 1 1/3 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small instant vanilla pudding
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 small container Cool Whip (I didn't have Cool Whip on hand, but I did have packets of Spiffy Whip, so I made one of those instead)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Melt margarine in an 8x8 casserole dish or 9" pie pan.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and sugar into the butter, and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix the vanilla pudding with the milk.
- Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spoon into pan over crust.
- Top with cherry pie filling; chill.