Creamy Low-Carb Ham and Cauliflower Soup

After eating on our Christmas ham for a couple of days, I was in need of a way to use up the leftover meat. I turned to my Lazy Keto app and searched through their recipes and found this one that looked like it was worth a try. Ethan AND two of our three kids all liked it, which is close enough to perfection for me! This being the week after Christmas we were eating out of paper dishes and putting forth minimal effort in general, so I don't have a good picture for you. Sorry!
I tweaked the recipe a bit, so I thought I'd share our version of the recipe for anyone else who wants to give it a try. 

What you Need:
3 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced onion
4 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup cooked ham
1 1/4 cups chicken broth (I threw our ham bone and a few other things in the crock pot the night before we made this soup and made a yummy ham broth that I used instead)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
to taste:
   liquid smoke (just a few drops)
   garlic powder (probably about a tsp)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

What you Do:
1. Combine the cauliflower, celery, onion, and broth in a stock pot.
2. Bring to a boil, cook over medium heat until the cauliflower is tender, 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and puree with cream cheese.
4. Add soup back to pot and add in ham and other seasoning. Cook until ham is hot.
5. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese.

Enjoy!

No comments