Blackberry Custard Torte



What you Need:

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
1 egg
FILLING:
3 egg yolks
2 cups (16oz) sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, drained, divided
whipped cream

What to Do:
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg until dough forms a ball. Press into the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan (I just lined my regular cake pan with tin foil so I could just lift the whole thing out since I don't have a springform pan.). For filling, in a bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar and vanilla just until combined. Sprinkle 2 cups of blackberries over crust. Carefully pour sour cream mixture over berries. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack (center will fall). Remove sides of pan.

(I think I took mine out of the pan too soon, it tried to fall apart when I pulled it out)
Top with whipped cream and remaining blackberries. This dessert is best eaten the same day it's made. Refrigerate any leftovers.






No comments