Wednesday, February 16, 2011
This was a fantastic recipe! We LOVED it. It was super easy and it only took 1/2 a pound of ground beef to make two large "steaks". And....it's super super cheap. Yummy in my tummy and in my piggy bank!
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. dry bread crumbs
1 envelope brown gravy mix, divided
1 tsp dried minced onion (I think I might have put in 1 T by accident now that I think about it)
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup water
1 T mustard
1. In a bowl, whisk the egg and milk.
2. Mix in bread crumbs, 1 T gravy mix, and onion.
3. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
4. Shape into two patties about 3/4 in. thick.
5. Broil 3-4 inches from the heat for about 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
6. While the patties are broiling, place the remaining gravy mix in a small saucepan; stir in the water and mustard. Bring to a boil and cook and stir until thickened. Serve over patties.