Prickly Pear Raspberry Smoothie

2 years ago we posted Cameron's Prickly Pear Slush...but I wasn't a huge fan. It just had a funny aftertaste; he loved it though. Today I played around until I had a Prickly Pear Raspberry Smoothie that I LOVE. 
I just can't get over the color of the prickly pear fruit. It really is so vibrant and awesome.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 c. frozen unsweetened raspberries
  • 1/2 c. prickly pear fruit puree 
  • 1 c. plain yogurt 
  • About 2-3 TBS of water
  • About 1-2 tsp. olive oil (I know...seems weird, but your body needs good oils in it and olive oil's not bad...if you have sunflower oil that works great too)
  • Sweetener (sugar, truvia, jam, whatever you want to use)
  • And then I added a tiny squirt of Berry Pomegranate MiO to help cancel out the prickly pear aftertaste (I love the initial prickly pear taste...it's the aftertaste that's a little odd)
  • If you have prickly pear juice and not the puree, then omit the water in this recipe
Combine all ingredients in the blender and blend till smooth. I accidentally added too much water so I had to add a small handful more of frozen raspberries to give it the right consistency. 


1 comment