Vicki's Chicken and Grapes with Creamy Mustard Sauce and Couscous

Okay, so I know that name is a little long, but I didn't make it up. I got this recipe from a Rachel Ray 30 minutes meals cookbook (I think it's in the one I gave you Kate), and I finally got around to trying it. I'd never had couscous before, so it was fun to try something new. Just so you know, couscous is VERY easy to make, so don't let it scare you!
What you need:
3 TBS all-purpose flour
1 TBS extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
2 TBS butter
1.25-1.5 lbs chicken tenders (I only had chicken breasts, so I just sliced them into smaller pieces)
salt and pepper
1/3 c white wine (I substitute chicken broth whenever wine is called for)
1 c. half and half (I used evaporated milk)
1/4 c grainy stone ground mustard (I used regular Dijon)
1 c seedless red grapes, halved
2 c chicken broth
2 c couscous
drizzle of EVOO

What you do:
Put the 2 c. chicken broth in a pan with the drizzle of EVOO and bring to a boil while you do the following:
Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place lg. skillet over med-high heat; add 1 TBS EVOO and butter. Dredge chicken in flour; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet and cook until browned, 7-8 minutes. Add wine and deglaze (this means stir all the brown crispy bits up off the bottom of the pan) as wine comes to a bubble; cook liquid down 30 seconds to 1 min. Combine half and half and mustard and pour mixture over chicken.
Add grapes to the skillet with the chicken and mustard sauce, and shake to coat chicken and grapes in sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes more.
Add the couscous to the pan with the boiling chicken broth. Stir briefly and then remove from heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for 5 minutes. 
When the time is up on the couscous, fluff it with a fork before serving with plenty of the mustard sauce. YUM!

No comments