Chilled Raspberry Soup || Autumnal Equinox Dinner || Course 1

For the first course in my A.E. Dinner, I served a Chilled Raspberry Soup. I know, it sounds weird, but it is scrumptious. Give it a try before ruling it out. And...if you are ever craving soup on a hot day, here's a soup you can make without heating your house up! It could even be used as a dessert if you wanted.

Ingredients:
4 cups raspberries (I used fresh ones because I found a great sale, but you can use frozen one too)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. cranberry juice (it calls for red wine, but says cranberry juice will work too)
1 c. sour cream

Method:
1. Place raspberries, sugar, and juice in a blender. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a bowl; stir in sour cream. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until cold. Serve topped with dollops of additional sour cream and raspberries if desired.

No comments