Tuscan-Style Pork Ribs with Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Standing (or Chilling) Time: 2-8 hours
Baking Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Serves about 6
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1-1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
1-1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds, or 1-1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons fresh chopped sage, or 1 teaspoon dried sage
2 teaspoons fresh chopped thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper, optional, depending on how much heat you like
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
6 pounds pork ribs
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, rosemary, salt, fennel seeds, pepper, sage, thyme, paprika, red pepper, coriander, and allspice.
2. Rub spice paste all over ribs and let stand at room temperature for 2 hours, or refrigerate overnight (we refrigerated overnight).
3. Preheat oven to 325 F.
4. Arrange ribs on a large, rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan, meaty side up.
5. Roast ribs uncovered for 2 hours or until tender.
6. Preheat broiler. Brush meaty side of ribs with balsamic vinegar and broil 6 inches from heat until browned, about 2 minutes.
7. Let stand for 5 minutes, then cut between ribs, or serve in slabs.
Tip: You can use this glaze on pork chops, lamb chops, and cuts of chicken.