Green Trifle

I was in charge of dessert for our Vernal Equinox/St. Patti's Day dinner. I neglected to look up an Irish dessert recipe, so instead I just went for a green dessert. I decided to make a green trifle in my cool trifle dish we got for our wedding (in 4 1/2 years, this was the first time I've used the trifle dish for a trifle).

Ingredients:
1 Angel Food Cake (I just bought mine pre-made at Wal-Mart...it was only $.50 more than making it myself).
2 normal sized boxes of pudding (we used the cheese cake flavor)
1 box jello (we chose lime)
6-10 Kiwis, peeled and sliced.
1 pkg blueberries
2 pears, cut into chunks

Directions:
1. Make the jello, according to the package directions, well ahead of time so that it is mostly set up (not all the way) by the time you want to put the trifle together. I did mine about an hour and a half ahead of time. You can add fruit chunks to the jello, or just leave it plain.
2. Mix up the pudding according to package directions. I added a drop of green food coloring to the pudding.
3. Tear/cut the angel food cake into 1 inch chunks.
4. Place about 1/2 of the cake chunks into the bottom of your container.
5. Spoon jello across the layer of cake chunks.
6. Pour about 1/2 of pudding into the next layer.
7. Add fruit.
8. Repeat steps 4-7 until the ingredients are used up, or until container is full.
9. You can serve immediately or refrigerate and serve later.

No comments